Digital Banking Success: How to unlock existing functionality, safely innovate, and modernize IT
How do Banking Incumbents digitize before fintech start-ups and other new entrants can scale, to capitalize on digital disruption and regain competitive advantage? The answer is a successful API-First strategy, powered by 1000s of internal bundle-ready building-block APIs to leverage what they already have.
This approach enables:
- Unlocking of Business Functions as APIs
- Rapid Innovation without risk
- IT Modernization
But how do incumbent implement this when there competing IT priorities, legacy investments that are hard to unbundle or expose in a friendly way, and a slow mindset change? This whitepaper provides a recommended approach to unify Business and IT, overcome priority roadblocks and ultimately give banking its mojo back.
In this report you can expect:
- An overview of the current digital banking landscape
- The key differentiators in a successful API-first strategy
- A view into why incumbents have struggled with this, and the options for moving forward
- A recommended approach to leveraging abstraction and automation to deliver innovation and IT modernization simultaneously
- The opportunities this unlocks for incumbents to capitalize on digital disruption
- An understanding of how the ignite platform from digitalML supports Banking Incumbents through this approach