Anthem is now several years down the road of their API Product Management Strategy, having rolled out ignite to support customer centricity. This presentation will go over Anthem’s experiences so far. This includes how they quickly built their business capability APIs in ignite. They are now leveraging investments in their API portfolio to include business leadership in rapid support of Anthem’s key strategic initiatives.
• Heavily reliant upon mainframe systems (Mode 1) and need to enable more agility (Mode 2) to support digital business initiatives.
• Significant technical debt from M&A and Shadow IT (disparate technologies, siloed tech stacks).
• Hundreds of varied “services” and dozens of service-integrated systems (internal/external).
• Modernizing IT to execute on business objectives.
• Building digital experiences to enable consumer centricity.